Ruth tagged me for this one!
1. Favorite devotion or prayer to Jesus?
2. Favorite Marian devotion or prayer?
The Memorare. I pray this often each day, for my mothers re-version, and many other intentions.
3. Do you wear a scapular or medal
Both. I have a Miraculous Medal and Our Lady of Le Leche medal on my scapular.
4. Do you have holy water in your home?
Yes, we have a font by our front door, at the top of our staircase, and a big bottle for blessing children before bed in our bedroom.
5. Do you offer up your sufferings?
Yes, I try to, although I often fall into “my sufferings are so meager they can’t really count” mentality far too often.
6. Do you observe First Fridays and First Saturdays?
We did 9 First Fridays a few years ago, our TORCH group had a “First Friday Devotions and Book Club”. I’d really like to try First Saturdays this year.
7. Do you go to Eucharistic Adoration? How frequently?
We have a perpetual chapel a few blocks away that we make frequent visits to. My husband and 4 oldest children make an hour every week.
8. Are you a Saturday evening Mass person or Sunday morning Mass person?
9. Do you say prayers at mealtime?
Indeed. Table blessing, Angelus, and a spontaneous prayer from me or dad at least once a day.
10. Favorite Saint(s)?
Our Lady, St. Theresa Benedicta of the Cross, St. Joseph, and St. Ann.
11. Can you recite the Apostles Creed by heart?
12. Do you usually say short prayers (aspirations) during the course of the day?
Yes, always, often, everyday.
13. Where is your favorite place to pray?
While I mostly pray in my home, usually at my kitchen sink, my favorite place, most conductive to prayer for me, is in front of the tabernacle in St. Adalbert Church.
14. Bonus Question: When you pass by a automobile accident or other serious mishap, do you say a quick prayer for the folks involved?
Yes, usually a Hail Mary. We live in the middle of the city near a busy street and a hospital, so we hear lots of sirens and see many ambulances. We try to offer up a prayer each time we see or hear one.